Ernesto Canovas: Fake News

Interesting exhibition at the Halcyon Gallery of new work by Ernesto Canovas.
 
The work explores the theme of fake news taking apparently straightforward images but which are questioned and given new meaning. I must admit I didn’t really get this show! I admit I was tired having done 16 small exhibitions that day and I needed the last one to be straightforward and hit me between the eyes and this didn’t. I think it needed more concentration and thought that I was prepared to give it. I did however like the newspaper format hand out which went with it.

The images were large film or newspaper images on wood with blocks of colour added. They remind us that images can be manipulated and to question what we see. However they weren’t beautiful objects and probably needed to be seen together to get the message.

Closed on 10 June 2018


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1