Desmond Morris: Works on Paper 1948-2018

Interesting exhibition at the Redfern Gallery of work on paper by Desmond Morris.


Morris is best known as a zoologist who has hosted various television series however he is also a well-known and prolific surrealist artist. I heard him talk about his work at Charleston Festival a few years ago.

I love his sense of colour but I’m afraid I just don’t understand the images. I am sure they are very deep and meaningful but that just passed me by leaving me with just odd images. I did like a collage one which included an old legal document but that was for the document not the image.


 
Closed 9 June 2018

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1