Michael Petry: A Twist in Time

Interesting installation at Pallant House Galleries by Michael Petry.

I am not sure I saw all this show as it is not due to open until 4 July so there may be more to come but I have to say I liked what I saw anyway! The idea is that it echoes the grand staircase and historic mirrors in the gallery.

Over the stairs there was a lovely colourful glass chandelier with twisted rods in a similar shape to the bannisters and scattered round the house were clear versions of these shapes in odd places. I loved the small frames round the bottom of the staircase with speckled glass to look like antique mirroring.

I hope you go back and see if more appears!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1