Gauge

Interesting exhibition at Circus Street Market as part of Brighton Festival of eight inventions on the theme of weather, water and climate change.

I must admit quite a bit of this passed me by! I wasn’t sure if some of them didn’t do very much or just weren’t working! I get that they wanted you to experience the show and then read about it but I’d have liked more commentary near the exhibits to get a better idea of what they were about.

I liked a paddling pool with dry ice which created a cloudscape. It was really relaxing to watch and I spotted one couple dancing round it. I also like an installation of single ear phones hanging from the ceiling an ear height which you walked past and put your ear to listen to different sounds of water. I liked the calmness of this and how it drew you in.

Each piece was by a different artist but again because of the lack of clear commentary I’m not too sure now which piece was by whom. In my defence I am behind and I saw this about 4 weeks ago! To sum up an interesting idea and good use of the space but not sure it all worked.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1