SEEN

Colourful exhibition at the Opera Gallery of work by SEEN, a Graffiti artist.

I thought this was a fun colourful show when I walked in. Not quite my seen, pardon the pun, but still interesting. I assumed it was the work of a young up and coming artist then I looked at the price list, £93,000, and realised I wasn’t really understanding what I was looking at.

A bit of Googling later and a useful article in the Independent and I found out SEEN is described as the “Godfather of Graffiti” so I was actually looking at new work by a man who had formed the origins of an art phenomenon. A bit of explanation on the hand out might have helped, but I guess for most people if they were there they knew and the gallery wasn’t expecting stray middle aged ladies to come in off the street!

Review
Independent

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1