Antipode

Small exhibition at the Ronchini Gallery of new work by Dutch artist Berndnaut Smilde.

I loved the pictures of his Nimbus series where he creates a cloud for a fleeting moment in an empty room and photographs it. They are very peaceful and somehow make you look at the architecture of the room in a different way. I was however left with the felling that I’d rather see the cloud in action than via a photograph. It left me wanting more.

I didn’t quite understand some of the other works. A projection of a castle with an upside down rainbow projected onto it was rather still and beautiful but I wasn’t sure what it meant. I didn’t get al all the post cards with blocks of miniature tiles on them. I guess it’s saying something about landscape but not sure what!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1