Nowhere and everywhere at the same time no 2

Wonderful installation at Circus Street Market in Brighton shown as part of the Brighton Festival.

This was conceived by a choreographer William Forsythe and consisted of hundreds of metal pendulums hanging from frames in the ceiling. The frames moved slightly every so often keeping the pendulums swinging at different rates. You could walk amongst them and were told not to touch them. This made you walk in an intricate pattern to avoid them.  I had a go myself and find myself doing an interesting little back step as one came towards me. Once you were outside of the frame as you watched people amongst them they appeared to dance.

This was a really relaxing  piece and, as the nice steward promised me, you couldn’t help but come out smiling.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1