Vestiges

Interesting exhibition at Annely Judy Fine Art presenting five contemporary artists who look at memory, inheritance and traces of the past.

I think my favourite was Lauren Moses who draws on historic images and deconstructions them into swathes of colour. There seems to be a fashion for his at the moment and I like it.

I also liked Laura Footes big views from windows expressed in beautiful blues and greens. Reading since I gather they come from her experience of chronic illness but I saw beauty and calm.

Jess Allen shows fine, small sections of faces in close up implying the fragmentation of the self,   Paul Majek draws on his families archive and memory to look and loss and change and Cece Philips  presents interiors with people missing or misty often with the figure being a self-portrait.

Closed 28 August 2026


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titian's The Aldobrandini Madonna : a longer look

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Tai Shan Schierenberg: Men Without Women