Future of Food

Thought provoking exhibition at the Science Museum looking at the future of food.

The show examines how we have used science to enhance and develop the food we eat and the positive and negative effects of this. It looked at pioneers in food and crop development and I was very excited to see a section on 6orman Borlaug whose work is mentioned on The West Wing and Mendel's microscope.

It then goes on to look at how we need to develop food to feed expanding populations without damaging the environment more. The largest gallery splits into displays around biotech and natural  solutions from meat made from animal cells as a sustainable alternative to usual 3meat to the organic farming movement.

Thought of the day was the idea that Noak's Ark was an early idea of protecting natural diversity! I was also amused that I'd never expected to see a Flora margarine tub as a museum exhibit!

Closed 1 September 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titian's The Aldobrandini Madonna : a longer look

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Tai Shan Schierenberg: Men Without Women