V&A Illustration Awards 2026

Interesting exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum for this biennial award. 

I had done a talk on the show so came to it knowing more about the winners than I thought came out in the display. I'm not sure if I was being thick but I could tell who the winner and runner up in each category was but not what the actual category was.

The prize winners were represented by original art works and copies of the final work from books, to a promotional animation and a poster.

I think my favourite was Baljinder Kaur's children's book "The Sleeper Train" following the story of a little girl travelling overnight though India. I loved the clear narrative and bright colours.

Closes 4 October 2026

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Titian's The Aldobrandini Madonna : a longer look

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Tai Shan Schierenberg: Men Without Women