ruangrupa, Yazan Khalili & Lara Khaldi,

Interesting but slightly oddly titled online lecture from Frieze looking at the thinking behind the Documenta art fair due to open in June 2022.

The talk had only listed the participants on the advertising but as I was free I thought I’d give it a go. I assumed it was interviews with three contemporary artists. It was still interesting but I would encourage better descriptions of events.

The speakers were the director of the show, Farid Rakin, of the collective ruangrupa, Lara Khaldi who is working on the group of the show and Yazan Kahlili who is working on identifying the political meaning and worth of the work and promoting that.

The sound quality was quite poor and some of the speakers had quite heavy accents which were hard to understand in those conditions. They were also discussing quite complex philosophical idea about the art market which I’m not sure I grasped completely.

Documenta is in the city of Kassel in Germany every five years and I have to admit I had not come across it before but will certainly be looking out for it next year to see how the ideas discussed manifest themselves.

Documenta

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1