Memory and Modern Life

Interesting display at the Royal Academy of recent ‘Diploma works’ by RA architects and designers that engage with heritage sites and urban redevelopments.

Some of the designs had been realised but others are just suggestions. I loved Sir Peter Cook and Christine Hawley’s bright design for a circular tower in Tel Aviv. I’m not too sure how it would work in practice but I hope they try.

I was particularly interested to see these designs for the UK Holocaust Memorial which will be built next to the Houses of Parliament as I had already seen it featured in another exhibition on the work of the architect Adjaye Associates who this was done in collaboration with.

Close 31 December 2022

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1