The Banners: Gilbert and George

Dreadful exhibition at White Cube of new work by Gilbert and George.

This was just too easy a show. It just consisted of three copies of ten banners they had made with the words “Gilbert and George say” in red and a not so inspirational moto underneath. Don’t get me wrong I don’t mind some rude words, however I feel I should apologise for the photo in case Facebook or Twitter wants to black list me! I just felt they felt cheap and simple. They did look good on mass in the 9x9x9 room but there seemed to be little skill in making them. Come on boys you are better than this!

Closes on 24 January

Reviews
Telegraph
Independent
Evening Standard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1