Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2015

Bemusing exhibition at the ICA of work by artists emerging from UK art schools.

The show could do with a bit more commentary on the works. I found few of them aesthetically pleasing but I was willing to read a bit more about them to try to engage but there was little more than titles. Just give me clue!

I quite liked Scott Lyman’s “Folly/Monument” which looked like a mini triumphal arch in pale pink but I have no idea why a video of the “Swimming Pool Library” was being shown inside it. I also liked Conor Rogers beautiful miniatures on unusual objects such as a dog looking out from under a gate on the back of a cigarette box.

Most noticeable was reference to some strange materials being used! I give you testosterone powder on one work. Any ideas? Also one work described as “heat manipulated crocheted yarn and concrete”, yes please let’s have more of that!

Closes on 24 January 2016.

Review
Evening Standard

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1