The Other Art Fair

Fun exhibition at Coal Drops Yard at Kings Cross and presented by Saatchi Art of an eclectic mix good quality contemporary art.

I had been to a previous version this fair last year and it was nice to recognise some artists from the show but also to see a lot of new work. It was nicely set out in a temporary structure in a very logical layout.

I love the mix of work in these shows but it is hard to review it as a whole so here are my favourites. I liked Renee Yau’s abstracted interiors, Will Clarke’s stunning prints of London and Aaron Bevan-Bailey’s wonderful portraits with mixing sections filled with a vibrant background.

My favourite was Merab Survildze’s pictures of crowds from above. Some had real tiny figures added to them and other were tiny splodges of paint which looked as convincing as the real figures. However the picture I've chosen is the carpet art by Alice Palmer (I think, but my notes aren’t great) as it made me smile.

Closes 3 July 2022

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1