John Hejduk : London Masque

Confusing exhibition at the Royal Academy on the work of architect John Hejduk.

I’m afraid I often find architecture shows a bit confusing as I’m often unsure what is real and what is a philosophical thought which never come to fruition. In this show there was a lot about how Hejduk was inspired by 16th and 17th century masque’s but I’m not sure I understood how that translated into being the basis for communities of buildings.

Students on the Royal College of Art Interior Design course had been invited to design pieces in response to a model in the room of The Widow’s House which was part of his Lancaster/Hanover Masque. These were odd little models and I’d afraid as I hadn’t really understood the original concept I didn’t understand these either!

I might try again next time I visit as it’s on for a while and see if the penny drops.

Closes 21 May 2023

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1