Concours on Savile Row

Surprise event on Savill Row which placed a display of luxury cars on the main street for high end tailoring in London. 

The display claimed to set up a concours or competition between tailoring and cars. I’m not a petrol head, in fact I don’t drive, but the cars looked beautiful in the sunshine and I viewed them as art objects. I must admit the whole thing stank of money. 

There were various talks planned on a stage in the centre and there was a good brochure describing the cars and the tailors along the street.

Car highlights for me included a 1934 Bentley racing car, a 1924 Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost Piccadilly Roadster, a 2022 Morgan and a car used in the Kingsman films which seemed appropriate in that street.

Closed 16 June 2022

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1