Masterpiece London Art Fair 2022

Stunning art fair in the grounds of the Royal Hospital Chelsea showcasing private galleries.

There was an amazing selection of art, design, furniture and jewellery from ancient works, even a dinosaur skull, to the best of contemporary art. Each gallery’s stall was arranged like a room representing the brand and style of the gallery. Despite the simple gird like layout of the show I did keep getting lost as my eye was caught by wonderful works of art. I think I did two circuits before I found the café! The whole thing smelt of money with high end restaurants and champagne bars. I was glad I’d worn a dress!

Highlight pieces for me included a Laura Knight sketch for her Nuremberg trail painting, a Zoffany, a Wright of Derby and a William Roberts of Parson’s Pleasure. There seemed to be a lot of Ivon Hitchen’s pictures on a variety of stalls which made me wonder if a collection had come onto the market recently.

There were also some great contemporary works. I loved this sculpture but I’m afraid I didn’t note the artists. It was lined with mirrors so created an infinite space within it.

Closed 6 July 2022


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1