Premiums Interim 3

Strange small exhibition at the Royal Academy showcasing the work of four 2nd year students at the RA schools.

I thought Thirza Smith’s calico dunces’ hats were sweet as she’d made one for each of her for the Class of 23 at the schools. Elinor Stanley had done large odd paintings with hidden faces in them.

Not sure I understood Louis Morlae’s wall sculptures in a wrapped and unwrapped version but I liked the effect of them. I felt I should know what they were but I didn’t.

My favourite piece was Daria Blum’s pile o f t-shirts with faces on, shown here, which could be bought online. They had a strange optical effect.

Closed 8 May 2022

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1