Wild Life

Nice exhibition at the Contemporary Ceramics Centre of work by Susan O’Bryne and Ostinelli & Priest who both make sculptures of animals and birds in ceramic.

I slightly preferred O’Bryne’s work which had both a realistic and a patchwork effect. I loved the small birds and had to fight the urge to buy one as I couldn’t work out where to put it! I wasn’t quite so convinced by the ones with wool hair! I also loved the life sized sheep in loved pastel colours. So real looking even though they look like they are wearing a patchwork coat.

I did like Ostinelli & Priest too. Their work had a slightly rougher finish but I particularly liked their dogs which had wonderful expressions which showed a real knowledge of dogs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1