Books about Town: Bloomsbury trail

Public art trail around London presenting benches in the form of famous books often with a link to the locality they are placed in. This week I did the Bloomsbury section.

I’d heard about these but fell upon my first one by senate house and loved it. It can be slightly annoying at times when you find people are sitting on them eating their sandwiches! I suppose what they are for! It was fun to find family groups wandering around with a map spotting the benches.

In Bloomsbury I found “1984”, “The Importance of Being Earnest”, “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” and “Pride and Prejudice”. But most moving for me was finding “MRs Dalloway” in Gordon Square where Virginia Woolf and Vanessa Bell first lived after their father died and where, it can be said, the Bloomsbury Group was formed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1