Carpe Momentum

Small exhibition at One Canada Square of photographs by Christopher Jonas.

These were shown in the reception area of the building and I was looking at rush hour so it wasn’t the most peaceful environment but there were some interesting works. I liked his street scenes such as that of a street vendor holding an orange. My favourite was called “Game set and match to Murray” and was a photo of a crowd watching Murray win Wimbledon on a big screen in a street. He just caught the perfect moment.

I also like the cityscapes and landscapes particularly one called Nether Wallop Hedgerow which was a picture of a field through a gap in the hedge.

As I went round I realised that Christopher Jonas had been president of the RICS where I work in about 1992. The blurb said he is developing a second career in photography while still active as a business man. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1