A Heap of Broken Images

Lovely exhibition at the Fine Art Society of new work by Bartholomew Beale.

These works had a ghostly quality with dark but brightly coloured backgrounds and ethereal figures such as “The Hyacinth Girl”. I loved “Where do you wait?” which looked like a man in a corn field but I felt it had an implication of death. The title piece is of a ground of down and outs roudn a shed with their scattered belongings. One of them has a solid body but no legs and there are squares of colour floating over the whole picture.

I liked the air of melancholy about these pictures. I am not sure what they meant but I liked them!

Review
Independent


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1