Family stories from the World War 1 memorials

Good little exhibition at the Greenwich Heritage Centre looking at the lives of various people from the borough in the First World War.

OK I have to confess I have an interest in this one. I’ve been doing volunteer work for the Centre and the piece I had written on a doctor who worked at the Charlton House convalescent home was included! Carolyn Ayers who had organised the volunteers put some lovely pictures and objects with it and I felt quite proud.

Other volunteers had looked at the names on local memorials and traced what had happened to the men. As the Woolwich Arsenal one is right outside my front door I was fascinated. The stories are always so sad.

I’d seen the show being put together the week before but it really gelled at the open evening with the addition of two large information boards which gave colour and a narrative to the display. Well done Carolyn and crew! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1