Traces of time

A wonderful exhibition at ContiniArtUK of sculpture by Igor Mitoraj.

These works had a classical feel to them with an almost archaeological feel. Like classical sculpture I didn’t see these works as threatening parts of bodies but broken whole which my eye sort of completed. I loved the pieces that had other elements stuck on like the torso with a small rectangle cut out just above the crotch and two tiny feet set into it.

The pieces were in marble, bronze and aluminium and worked well as a set as there were elements in each work in others which set up a dialogue.

My favourite piece was “Piede con Mano” which was a hand holding the ankle of a foot so the hand was almost like a spur! I want to see more by this artist and I would love to see the work in an outdoor setting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1