Society of Designer Craftsmen annual exhibition

Beautiful selling exhibition at the Mall Gallery for the Society of Designer Craftsmen.

There were lots of beautifully made items but I think the furniture and jewellery stood out for me. However I also loved the glass items made by Sara Fell based in 20s dressing table sets and incorporating items of jewellery, the landscape broaches by Michele White and the patchwork and applique maps by Alicia Merrett.

I did weaken and buy a vase by Kathryn Bonson which reflected the landscape around Bradford where she works which I know well. Some sides had a glaze giving the impression of hills and landscape while others  have a brick design. I can’t wait to pick it up in a couple of weeks’ time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1