Bloomberg New Contemporaries 2013

Mixed exhibition at the ICA of new artists chosen by fellow established artists.

I have to talk about bad painting again. I suppose it was expressive but there was too much painting which just seemed to be dabs of paint in a vague design. There also seemed to be a lot of throwing a few bits of rubbish together and giving it a long rather poesy title! However clever your idea the product has to be good.

OK middle aged grump over I did like the big steel basket with sand had been allowed to flow through and form patterns and add texture. I laughed out loud at Adam Faramawy’s video of a 1970s style mad doing exercises in the nude, sweet! I also saw my second work of art made from food of the year and it’s only mid January with a picture made of mustard, wasabi, pepper and wall paper paste by Isabella Southwood.

Review
Independent

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1