Alison Wilding

Slightly dull exhibition at Tate Britain of sculpture by Alison Wilding.

The colours in the works blended beautifully with the Duveen Gallery but the works were dwarfed by the space and there weren’t many of them I guess it give them room to breathe but I felt it made them look a bit insignificant.

I did like the round one like a lily pond but felt a bit annoyed that it was not in the middle of the space. I am sure this was deliberate and artistic but I could only focus on that fact it was crying out to be placed on the central marble feature of the space.

I would like to see this work somewhere else to see if I have a different reaction to it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1