Artists and Illustrators Annual Exhibition

Stunning exhibition at the Mall Galleries showing shortlisted work in a competition for readers of Artists and Illustrators magazine.

After my recent moaning about bad painting I have to say this was stunning painting. The works may not always have been trying to say something profound but in being well done they provided subtle observations of life and therefore said a lot!

It’s hard to pick out favourites but there were a number I could happily live with! The large “A Bee in Winter” by John Horford, had a bright blue sky and big blousy roses. I loved “Fish and Chips” by Jane Morgan and “Sunshine on a Plate” by Marjorie Collins of 2 fried eggs and a coffee.  Roo Waterhouse’s triptych of a shed was unusual showing the contents of cleaning materials and buckets in the middle section and the doors with things hanging on them formed the wings.

Oh and I forgot until I skimmed the leaflet again a lovely portrait by Raoof Haghighi. All in all a good show!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1