John Akomfrah: The Unfinished Conversation

Fascinating video installation by John Akomfrah at Tate Britain examining the life of social commentator Stuart Hall.

Displayed on three screens it looked at his life and views mixing his own words from interviews with contemporary film and pieces of poetry. I had not come across Stuart Hall before but that didn’t matter looking at any life in this way was really interesting. I did make me want to find out more. I loved the way it was punctuated by photographs of him and he didn’t seem to change.

I must admit we stayed into the this on the promise of somewhere to sit down for a while but were mesmerised by it and had to be thrown out before the end.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1