New Tate Britain

It’s taken me a while but I went to look at the refurbishment at Tate Britain and I loved it!

The new staircase is so elegant and looks like it’s always been there. I love the use of the black and white marble and the way the floor and the staircase blend together.

Upstairs in the rotunda is always really nice and makes a great friends room. A number of friends said they only joined the Tate for the great room at Tate Modern but I think the new one just enhances that. Because the seats go round the space it never felt too busy when I was there and I like the mix of wooden and comfortable furniture.

Now next time I need to go downstairs to see how that space works!

Reviews
Times
Telegraph
Independent
Independent


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1