RIBA Forgotten Spaces 2013

Interesting exhibition at Somerset House looking at ideas for regeneration projects for neglected sites sin London as well as a look at schemes that had happened.

In the section on schemes that had happened I loved the mobile Cricklewood town square. As the town didn’t have a square there is a town hall on wheels which contains tables and chairs which travels round the area settling up at different spots.

In the imaginative projects I loved the idea for street structures around London which would put high flares in the street powered my methane from the sewers.  I also love the concept of a Centre for Forgotten Beers! My favourite was the ideas for resurrecting the Fleet River at St Pancras and I was particularly attracted as it used Seurat’s Bathers to show what it might be like.

I wasn’t so convinced by the idea of ladders up trees to sitting places, I feared a health and safety nightmare!

However best of all was the use of the Deadhouse at Somerset House as the exhibition space as it was itself a hidden space until recently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1