John Carter RA : Between dimensions

Small exhibition at the Royal Academy of drawings and works on paper by John Carter.

I think this exhibition would have been fascinating if I had known John Carters work as it would have been more of an insight into his creative process. As I did not know his work I found the drawings and works in themselves slightly dull.

I did like a blocky collage using paper with pictures and words on and two yellow blocks with thin strips cut out of them.  I will look out now for his work and try to put this into context but the exhibition might have benefited from a bit more explanation for the uninitiated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1