Re:Imagining Musicals

Fun exhibition at the Victoria and Albert Museum looking at the evolution of iconic musicals and the craft behind them.

It was divided into interesting sections from shows adapted from books, others which look to history and those with a social message.

I loved the recreation of the stage managers booth for two shows including “9 to 5” where you could view the different monitors they use and hear their instructions. Having done a small it of stage management I envied their tech!

There was a good mix of exhibits including a lot of album covers but my favourites were the costumes. It was lovely to see them close up. Most of them were from current shows which meant I added a lot to my ‘want to see list’. 

Closes 27 November 2023


Reviews

Guardian

Telegraph


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1