Paul Nash and the Art of the Book

Interesting little display at the Victoria and Albert Museum of Paul Nash’s illustration work for books.

Nash’s earliest ambition was to be an illustrator and he continued to do commercial work as a source of income.

There were some nice examples and I particularly liked the work for Richard Aldington’s book of First World War poetry “Images of War” which combined realism and Vorticistism as I love Nash’s war work.

I also discovered a book I’d not come across called “Memoirs of Other Fronts” by John Rodker about his experiences as a conscientious objector which I am off to look up.

Closes 13 August 2023

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1