Premiums

Mixed exhibition at the Royal Academy of work by second year student at the schools.

I went to most of these shows last year and this year again sees a series of three of which this is the first featuring work by Fleur Dempsey, Ilze Aulmane and Massimiliano Gottardi.

My favourite piece was by Dempsey called “Floating Static” which comprised small porcelain flower like pieces hung on wire to form a delicate circle. At first look I had assumed they were paper.

The more photogenic piece was this one by Gottardi. I have no idea what it was about. I always say with this show that a bit of explanation would be good, but I like the way it looked like looking down on a lounge with packing cases.

Closes 12 February 2023

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1