The Queen Visits

Thin exhibition at the Visitors’ Centre at the Old Royal Naval College marking visits by the Queen to the college over the years to mark the Platinum Jubilee.

Information boards described a series of visits, illustrated with good photographs and visitors books. They were also showing the Pathe newsreel of the dinner to mark 150th anniversary of the Battle of Trafalgar in the Painted Hall in 1955.

They made good use of what they had and it brought back memories. I had a vague feeling I remembered watching the knighting of Sir Francis Chichester on tv but turns out I was only 5 so I suspect I don’t.

Closes 29 August 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1