John Crossley : Ebb and Flow

Joyful exhibition at Eames Fine Art of new work by John Crossley.

These were bright, colourful, abstracted images of real things in acrylic on paper with a few prints. Chatting to the chap on duty I learned that many of them are based on the Sussex seaside which I know well.

I loved the layered effect with sharp edged blocks of paint which almost looked like collage. Some had rounds blobs of paint with gave them a feel of Bloomsbury decoration.

I liked the ones that felt like looking up at the as sky such as this one called “As I Take My Morning Promenade”. Also the ones which used a strong artificial pink. I’d have like a skirt made of material printed with some of the more patterned pieces.

Closes 4 September 2022

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1