Summer Lights

Disappointing sculpture trail around Canary Wharf featuring works utilising daylight.

I say disappointing because I never found two of them. One seemed to be the other side or in a building site with no signage to help you around it. Most of the works would have benefited from being larger. However it did take me around Wood Wharf which is a new area I’d not walked around before.

“Love Birds” by Atelier Sisu was pretty in the trees of a park and might look better of an evening when I assume they light up. I did like “Gleammhh” by OGE design group which worked well with the buildings around it.

My favourite stop though was an exhibition of glass pieces by Louis Thompson in the lobby of One Canada Square. These were strong works including examples of installations for other places eg Freud Museum. I’ll certainly look out for his work.

Closes 20 August 2022


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1