Zineb Sedira: Dreams Have No Titles

Strange exhibition at the Whitechapel Gallery of work by Zineb Sedira.

I say strange as Sedira has created a series of film sets based on films from the 60s and 70s as well as elements of her own life. I think the idea is that the viewer interacts with them but when I visited it was quiet and people were there on their own or in pairs which is not conducive to interaction. That said I liked the quiet yet dramatic nature of the week.

I had seen most of the pieces at the Venice Biennale two years ago when Sedira featured in the French Pavilion. Ironically, I partly came to see this show to see the work with less people but realised it works better with more.

Closed 12 May 2024


Review

Guardian


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

The Renaissance Nude