A Spirit Inside

Baffling exhibition at Compton Verney of art looking at how women and non-binary artists have approached the idea of spirit.

I don’t know if I did this show backwards by accident but I didn’t find any commentary setting out its premise. I’ve only worked it out since from the webpage. I also didn’t realise the works came from just two collections The Women’s Art Collection and The Ingram Collection and would love to have known more about them.

Just viewing the works I wasn’t hit by the theme and was struggling to find connections. That said I loved the way it hung contemporary and older work together and I found some a lot of work I didn’t know.

Closes 1 September 2024


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

The Renaissance Nude