Georg Baselitz : A Confession of My Sins

Mind bending exhibition at White Cube Bermondsey of new work by Georg Baselitz.

I love Baselitz’s upside down pictures and this was a stunning collection from the 86 year old. I’d love to think that at that age I could produce such large, vibrant work.

New touches were the addition of collage pieces, mainly stockings, which I wasn’t that convinced by, and a series of pairs of upside-down animals and birds. I love the pale, bright blue he is using as a background.

The really mind bending works were two of people the right way up! I found myself flipping them in my head after his usual topsy turvey work.

Closed 16 June 2024


Review

Times


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

The Renaissance Nude