Windrush: Portraits of a Pioneering Generation

Lovely exhibition at the National Portrait Exhibition of portraits of members of the Windrush generation commissioned by Prince Charles.

The works were shown in a small, very busy room which made it very difficult to see the pictures and impossible to read the labels. I will try to go back on a quieter day. I had seen the delightful and moving tv programme on the painting of the works which made it slightly easier to know what they were even when I was just glancing.

As on the tv show my favourite was this picture of Alford Gardner, painted by Chloe Cox. I loved the hyper real detail in such a large picture.

Closed 4 April 2024

Review

Guardian


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1