Serpentine Pavilion 2023 by Lina Ghotmeh

Delightful structure at the Serpentine Gallery by Lina Ghotmeh.

I must say as I walked up to the pavilion I was a bit disappointed as it was quite flat although I did note that it was the same height as the tree canopy that surrounded it.

This year it worked best from inside where the finish to the woodwork was beautiful. I loved the crescent shaped tables and lovely stools which evidently reflected the Mediterranean idea of families eating together. Sadly there were only four of us there when I was there so it didn’t stimulate the conversations that it was meant to start. I would also say that a better food selection than coffee in cardboard cups and a few croissants weren’t in the  spirit.

I wish I had gone earlier in the season when the weather was better to get the full effect of the light coming through the lattice walls but I did enjoy it even on a dull day.

Closed 29 October 2023


Reviews

Times

Guardian

Telegraph

Evening Standard


 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1