Georg Baselitz: Sculptures 2011-2015

Monumental exhibition at the Serpentine Gallery of sculptural work by Georg Baselitz.

I only knew of Baselitz’s work as a painter so I was intrigued to see sculptures and I wasn’t disappointed. 

I was stunned by the fact that each work was made from a single piece of wood. Many of them included rings of wood around another structure which was impressive. I loved the way the surface had similar marks to his paintings.

My favourite room had four huge works two of which showed groups of people which were arrange in very tender poses.

The works were surrounded by the drawings which were part of their creative process.

Closes 7 January 2024


Review

Times


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1