Mychael Barratt : Once Upon a Time in London

Witty exhibition at Eames Fine Art of prints by Mychael Barratt.

I love Barrett’s dog prints, where he produces prints in the style of famous artists inserting extra dogs, and this show had a few of these but it also had other clever works set in London.

I spent ages looking at a tube map with clever vignettes for the names of stations from famous people who lived there to puns. I found myself laughing out loud. I loved his lockdown piece, a take on the Ghent Altarpiece featuring the people and buildings of Soho.

My favourite was this take on Bruegel’s “Four Seasons” set in London parks. I have to use the Greenwich one to illustrate this.

Closed 19 November 2023

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1