State of Play

Disappointing sculpture trail around the Canary Wharf site.

I say disappointing because I went on the last day and a couple of works had been damaged and removed and I think a couple of others I couldn't find had disappeared too. I didn't have a lot of time so I only saw four works of the 11 in the end.

The commentary says the works look at how "play is the overlooked epicentre of the human experience" but I didn't find those items I did see that playful. The description would lead me to think the works might be interactive.

This is the 2nd edition of this show organised by Brooke Benington and Canary Wharf and I will give it another go if there is a 3rd but will make sure I go earlier in the run.

Closed 11 November 2022

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1