SERAFINE1369: We can no longer deny ourselves

Serene installation at Somerset House by a Somerset House Studio resident artist SERAFINE1369 (Jamila Johnson-Small).

The work looks at objects and materials which give a sense of time. The commentary says it is meant to evoke an exploded clock.

I always love this rarely used, decayed space at Somerset House and this was a beautiful and imaginative use of it. I like the vistas through the rooms which were set up and the moments it had to stop and think. I liked the voice telling the time every minute and was surprised how long I was in there.

Evidently at some times the artist performs in the space and a you are invited to sit and meditate in the room with crystals although I think I would have felt quite self-conscious.

Closed 30 October 2022

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1