Gallery 31: Swimmers Limb

Refreshing exhibition at Somerset House curated by Taylor LeMelle.

I say refreshing as the commentary says it has no theme in particular and it is about anything. “It is about the viewer’s appreciation of whatever connections exist between their own life experience and these works.” Am I showing my age to say to me it said 1970s living room?

The wallpaper was commissioned for the site by Mani Kambo and is a three woodblock print. The chairs came from other rooms in the building. The pictures on the walls are a series of prints by Tai Shani called The Neon Hieroglyph. I’m not sure I understood them but it this context they were attractive.

Closes 20 November 2022

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1