A Royal Welcome

Nice exhibition at Buckingham Palace as part of this year’s summer opening looking at entertaining at the Palace.

The show was spread over the whole palace but with a concentrated section about half way round. I must admit I didn’t realise this at first so missed the significance of the section on investitures! I did twig after that though! There was a good section on a royal visit and its accompanying banquet with small mocked up rooms looking at the office and admin, the kitchens, the wine cellar etc. Most interesting was the room on the dressmaker and milliner. I hadn’t realised the Queen had this in-house!  I loved the hat moulds!

One room was set up for a banquet with the table in different states of preparation. Another had outfits the Queen had worn for garden parties this year but sadly not the outfit for the one I went to!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sky Arts Portrait Artist of the Year Exhibition 2019

Thomas Becket: Murder and Making of a Saint

Courtauld summer school day 1